My captions can be found here: http://torrystgcaptions.tumblr.com/

15.11.14

Fingers and Toes, and Fingers and Toes :)

I'm not used to having the weekend off with no plans, no plans but dressing. I decided to do something with my time off.

I decided to was going to overcome a fear today. I drove around for a while, planning to go in drug store, head straight to the beauty department and buy me some nail polish.

So, I did the most obvious thing; drove downtown, assured myself that I didn't know anyone around this area, walked right into the store and.....chickened out and left with a loaf of bread...which I also needed....but, still. I kicked myself all the way back to my car. So, that was a waste of gas.

I then proceeded to drive around some more, telling myself I would do it at the next store I saw. The next store...no, that wasn't the right one. The next one I saw....the parking lot was afully busy. The next...some bullshit reason I forgot. About 10 stores in total. Depressed, and mad at myself, I started making my way home.

I was about to pull into my building's driveway, but changed my mind at the last moment (pissing off the driver behind me BTW) and "girled-up" and decided I wasn't going to be a coward. This was stupid and wasting MY time.

I pulled into the parking lot of the store closest to my home, and did what I planned to do. Right to the cosmetics aisle. Picked out a bottle, a bottle of remover, and walked right up to the cash, paid for it and left. There was even a line-up, and it didn't phase me -I just focused on the next step and thought of it as just another transaction.  I was so happy with a big smile on my face as I drove away.

I rushed in the door, and almost immediately sat down to finally do my nails! I may not have done the best job on them, but I happy with how they turned out this first time.  And I know black isn't the girliest colour, but I figure if for some reason I can't get the colour off in time for work at least I've seen rock stars with black nails...and I do own a few guitars...so... anyway it doesn't matter, Nothing really matters. It's my life. I have hot pink and dark red shades in a package out there somewhere in the universe, and I can't wait to try those too.

Toes are always going to be kept painted, fingers for now just in private, but hopefully that will change.

Aaaaaanyway, thought I would share my experience. Possibly more to come tonight :)

-Cintia

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Cintia! I've kept my toes painted for a while at a time too, but it gets hard for me during the summer months because of various outdoor activities with the Boy Scouts. I hope you're able to keep the polish on longer than I was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janelle! I love it! It's like I get out of bed in the morning with girls feet! I've been able to keep my toes pointed (actually just going to touch them up tonight) since I first painted them. My fingers though, I have to keep taking that polish off...which is annoying, my fingernails are getting so long now, and they look so pretty when done up. I can't wait for try out some new shades!

    Thank you so much for your comments it really means the world to me:)

    ReplyDelete