My captions can be found here: http://torrystgcaptions.tumblr.com/

6.12.14

Lips

Tonight, a girl came into my store who is a regular customer. She's very nice, we get along well. Out of character, I mean, from what I know of her, she was wearing a dark red lip, very similar to the one pictured. 

I'm not meaning this to come across as a negative thing, but it didn't look...right. It was bleeding and it was like she was trying something new -which is awesome, but there was so much of me fighting the urge to say, "Girlfriend, we gotta work on that!"

You've seen my photos -I'm obviously no expert, but I know I a little bit, and she doesn't normally wear such a bold shade. A little bit of liner would have solved the issue. Maybe she was in a hurry, or maybe just having a bad day, or is cool enough to not worry about things like that....that's not the point...What I'm trying to say is that I wanted to have a makeup conversation with her, and it frustrated me that I didn't. That I couldn't.

All that really matters is that she liked the colour when she put it on, and it was an awesome colour,, and I would love to be able to at least rock the same lip on a daily basis. Does this make me a bad person?

It's more about me noticing things through my (little) experience than judging, and things I've learned and read..  Seriously, I just wish I could have more makeup talk in my life and maybe that's what this is all about.

Sigh...I really need a girl's night!

Conclusion: Very nice girl. Noticed something. Not judging. Longing for girly conversations. Trying not to sound like a bitch. Sharing. Am I a terrible person?

-C
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No connection to this post, just a song I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment