Anyway, I shaved my head for a few years but have been growing it for the last two and a half. I wear it in a pony tail at work because it kind of looks professional. At home I let it hang out. It's down past my shoulder blades. But it looks terrible - very frizzy...although on friday one female customer told me it looked good on a guy....and I wanted to tell her I wanted to have her hair.....so that's that.
I have thick, somewhat curly hair (girls always tell me they wish they had my hair), in the summer it is very frizzy....and all I want is straight sleek hair...because at least from there I could mess around with it. I want to play with my hair and try to create different styles.
I don't have any special tools or anything because I don't know what to buy, and I don't know what I can discreetly get away with buying in the drug store( If anyone has a discreet enough cosmetic/beauty supply online delivery service please let me know). I want to buy a straight iron, but ....yeah, they'd know it was for me...and I know too many people around here. I have a couple of brushes and combs that I bought out of town...and an aunt who sell's Avon.
I don't use any mouse (Moose) or gel anymore....I've never been good with hair....male or female...I use TresSemme conditioner and Pantene Smooth and Sleek Shampoo....
I use to dye my hair all the time. I've been blonde, Red, Brunette, and the darkest raven haired black you've ever seen. I want highlights...I want curls...I want sleek, I want braids...I want Cindy Crawford waves....I use to dye my hair to show how I wanted what I want to be....I just didn't know it yet.....a bright red hair dye that turned out pink....I hated -But so much of me loved!
I want to one day go to a salon and tell them to make me beautiful....and in our world we know what that means....but I just want, at the minimum to make me look girly but enough not to be too girly...until I come out.
I'm not looking for a quick fix, but if anyone has an idea to help me out...I just for once in my life want to have GIRL hair before my damn genes tell me I can't (baldness).
Basically, I just want to know more than I learned growing up...wash, rinse, repeat....I follow that very well...I love hair and how it can transform a person.....I want to be able to do that to myself while I can.
I've been told I'm a very sexy looking shaved head guy, but, if they only knew what I really want.
-Me

Wigs are seriously the way forward IMO. As I've gotten a bit older I've learned that you can't let unachievable desires affect the decisions and the way you present yourself in your male life. Get a cut that looks good on you as a guy then invest in some quality wigs :)
ReplyDeleteYou can get them in different styles and colours for different moods, and it offers more of a visual contrast for your own benefit when you do dress up. red, brunette, raven, waves...all these can be yours on demand! :D
Thank you Alyssa, it's the only real option for me. Toronto has a lot of places where I can go and gt what I desire...now just gotta get the nerve,
ReplyDeleteThanks again,
-Me
Wigs are quite common for women to wear, even with long hair. If you're looking for that occasional straight hair look that may be best.
ReplyDeleteHowever, if you want something on going, as I do, then you can get extensions that the salon weaves into your own hair strand by strand. They cost more, but they last up to six months, and you can wash, shampoo, and style however you like. I find this to be the superior option for those with shorter hair.
You may, then, decide to cut your hair shorter, so lose some of the body, but long enough to make these extensions achievable.
http://bubblepopmei.blogspot.com/
Also. I live in Toronto too.
ReplyDeletehttp://bubblepopmei.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the advice Bubblepop -and sorry for the delay in a reply. I really appreciate it. I like your blog, thanks for checking out mine. I will probably just get a wig, BUT, If I ever get the nerve do you know of any good "cool" places I could get extensions done?...since we live in the same city...
ReplyDelete